Encore Recruitment Limited are committed to protecting your privacy. This Privacy Notice explains when and why we collect your personal data, how we use it, when we might share it with others and how we keep it secure.
This Policy was last updated on 29/10/2021
Our contact details:
- Name: Lucy Ratoff
- Address: 31 Great King Street, Macclesfield SK11 6PL
- Phone Number: 07795 978730
- E-mail: Lucy.Ratoff@encorerecruitment.co.uk
- Website: www.encorerecruitment.co.uk
Who we are and what we do
We are a recruitment agency and recruitment business as defined in the Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003 (our business). We collect the personal data of the following types of people to allow us to undertake our business:
- Prospective and placed candidates for permanent or freelance roles
- Prospective and live client contacts
- Supplier contacts to support our services
We collect information about you to carry out our core business and ancillary activities.
The type of personal information we may collect
We may collect and process the following information:
- Personal data about job seekers such as your CV, work history, salary, skills, references information and job preferences including geographical areas, education, and training
- Passport, permits, visa, date of birth, National Insurance (NI) number, the outcome of security and criminal records checks, in some cases medical information, references, financial information for payroll details and HMRC data
- Employers including your name, job title, your business contact details including your email address and relevant information on your organisation
- Photographs, videos, blogs, links to your professional profiles available in the public domain e.g. LinkedIn, Twitter, business Facebook or corporate website
How we get the personal information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you.
We may also obtain information about you from other sources such as LinkedIn, corporate websites, job board websites, online CV libraries, web forums or discussion boards, your business card, verbal conversations at events, personal recommendations and social media.
We use the information we have about you for the following reasons:
- To provide our recruitment services to you in our capacity as an employment business or employment agency
- To match your skills and preferences with vacancies we feel may be suitable for you
- To notify you of future job opportunities
- To send your information to our clients and prospective employers
- To allow you to submit your CV, apply online for jobs and to receive job alerts
- To place you in a freelance or permanent job with our clients
- To establish that you have the right to work
- To conduct security and criminal records checks when required by our clients
- To fulfil our contractual obligations with our clients
- To answer your questions
- To send you details of our services and any insights that we think may be of interest to you
We do not share your information with third parties who intend to use it for marketing purposes.
Under the UK (and EU if applicable) General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
- Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting Lucy Ratoff at email Lucy.Ratoff@encorerecruitment.co.uk or mobile 07795 978730
- We have a contractual obligation
- We have a legal obligation
- We need it to perform a public task
- We have a legitimate interest
Where your information is held
Your personal information is stored on our Firefish customer relationship management software system.
The companies we work with are located in the European Economic Area (EEA) but on occasion may also be outside of the EEA. We will not transfer your data outside of the EEA unless that country ensures appropriate safeguards are in place and we will contact you about it before sharing your information with any company outside the EEA.
Retention and accuracy of your data
Due to the nature of operating as a recruitment business, Encore Recruitment works with candidates for the entire duration of their working life and Encore Recruitment supports businesses through all growth stages, for the duration of a business’s existence. For this reason, the default data retention duration for candidates is the duration of a professional’s working life and for clients / businesses, the duration of the businesses’ existence. Encore Recruitment retains details until advised otherwise or until advised that the individual has now retired, left a business (as in, is no longer with the business that is Encore Recruitment’s client) or the business has ceased to trade.
We understand our legal duty to retain accurate data and only retain personal data for as long as we need it for our legitimate business interests and that you are happy for us to do so. Accordingly, we have data retention guidelines and run data routines to remove data that we no longer have a legitimate business interest in maintaining.
We do the following to try to ensure our data is accurate:
- Our customer relationship management software system enables you to manage your data and to review whether the details we hold about you are accurate
- Prior to making an introduction we check that we have accurate information about you
- We keep in touch with you so you can let us know of changes to your personal data
- As part of our data cleansing process we will contact you to check your current circumstances and if we do not hear from you within 14 days of that contact, we will assume you no longer consent and remove your data
This privacy notice includes the use of our website www.encorerecruitment.co.uk
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access: You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information
- Your right to rectification: You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete
- Your right to erasure: You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances
- Your right to restriction of processing: You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
- Your right to object to processing: You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
- Your right to data portability: You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at email Lucy.Ratoff@encorerecruitment.co.uk; mobile 07795 978730; address 31 Great King Street, Macclesfield SK11 6PL if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at email Lucy.Ratoff@encorerecruitment.co.uk; mobile 07795 978730.
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk